Sunday, April 18, 2021

Transitioning to Spring

 During the winter months we discussed the changes in temperature, nature, bugs, and animals. As we transition into warmer weather, we have been discussing what we can expect as Spring is coming! Through discussions, nature walks, and observations students shared what they expect to see, hear, smell and touch. 


We read the book One Springy Singy Day by Renee Kurilla. One child even shared "I can hear the birds chirping just like the birds in the book." 

We began by using our knowledge of popcorn words to identify what we can see in our classroom. 



"I can see a donut"


"I can see a black backpack"


"I can see a paint"


"I can see a glue" 


"I can see a white board" 

Please ask your child "What popcorn words do you see?"

On Friday, the AM Kindergarten class used their knowledge of spring and popcorn words to identify what they can see on a spring day! 




When the weather is warmer, the PM Kindergarten class will head outside to observe the changes in Spring :)

Reminders 



Thank you for returning your home reading on Monday's :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment